Calgary Flames Grade 6 YMCA Memberships
What is the Calgary Flames YMCA Membership?
A no-fee General Youth Membership valid August 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019
Enjoy all Member Benefits including:
- use of general locker rooms at all seven (soon to be eight!) YMCA Calgary facilities
- discounted rates for programs and advanced program registration
Special Youth/Grade 6 Member Benefits:
- free Flames Fridays activities (Friday afternoons/evenings)
- free Climbing Wall Orientation
- free Weight Floor Orientation (12+)
- free Babysitting Course (12+)
How Do I Sign-Up?
Parents/guardians can start by completing a registration form online or at any YMCA Calgary location. To register, you must have proof of grade. Bring your child along with their last grade 5 report card or valid school ID. Grade 6 members will have their photo taken for their membership card at the time of registration.
Why do we have a program for Grade 6 students?
Grade 6 is a big year - full of changes. We want to help make the transition to this changing year easier and more successful.
Studies have shown Grade 6 is the age in which a child is faced with many decisions, often with two options – a healthy one and an unhealthy one. We believe youth need a place to belong, to feel safe, and to explore and grow during the important developmental stage of their Grade 6 year. We want to support youth in this critical time as they
- age out of traditional care models
- develop new interests
- prepare for junior high
Through our program, we give Grade 6 youth exposure to opportunities and activities that help promote healthy living, healthy relationships, healthy choices and healthy communities. Our program gives Calgary youth the opportunity to:
- access facilities and programming that promotes good physical and mental health
- expand positive social networks and build healthy relationships with peers
- get involved in the community
- build independence, leadership skills and receive mentorship from positive, adult role models
Thank you to the Calgary Flames Foundation for sponsoring this initiative and for being dedicated to the wellness of Calgary's youth.