Kids are the heart of the YMCA – learn and grow with us!
The YMCA is Canada’s largest child care provider. Our programs and services for young children foster their physical, mental and social development.
At our child care centres, we ensure your child is safe and happy while you’re at work, at school, or taking some much-needed time for yourself. Our caring and dedicated staff love to make each day special for each child.
Children who spend time in a YMCA Early Years program learn our four core values: honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. Time at the YMCA helps your child build important social and physical foundational skills, value an active and healthy life, and have a positive, safe place to belong and grow!
YMCA Calgary is committed to helping our city’s kids be healthier and more connected so they can reach their full potential.
- Warm and welcoming spaces designed to keep children safe while sparking curiosity and healthy child development
- Quality programs and experiences guided by our core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility
- Professional development opportunities for staff; including an annual Child Care PD Day
- A dedicated leadership team for all YMCA Calgary early years programs and services
- A financial assistance program for those who wish to register, but are not able to afford the full registration fee
Small group, play-based learning experiences are the foundation of the YMCA Playing to Learn child care curriculum, which helps prepare children to become enthusiastic and engaged life-long learners.
We operate six licensed child care centres on weekdays.
YMCA Calgary offers short-term care for infants and children ages six weeks to nine years while their parent/guardian uses our facilities.
Our child minding caregivers create a fun, safe and comfortable environment using play-based learning theory.
Kids enjoy the fun of learning in our preschool programs. Our multi-day programs provide play-based learning activities; some include a weekly swim lesson.
Single-day experiences are also available where parents and kids can play and learn together.