Hit the gym knowing your child is well-cared for
You deserve a break! YMCA Calgary offers short-term care for infants and children ages six weeks to nine years while their parents/guardians use our facilities. Our child minding caregivers create a fun, safe and comfortable environment for young children. Caregivers apply best practices for healthy child development and integrate play-based learning theory into everything they do. Your child’s time in short-term care is always fun!
There are two types of Child Minding appointments:
Block booking (making multiple appointments at once, for example, during an adult fitness class) is available on a first-come, first-served basis for each YMCA program session. Block booking application forms are available for both members and non-members as per registration dates for each YMCA program session.
- Block bookings occur for members and non-members at the same time as seasonal program registration. Members are granted early access to block booking.
- Once a block booking form has been reviewed by the Preschool Supervisor, the parent/guardian will be advised whether their request can be accommodated. If we cannot accommodate a request, we will try to arrange an alternate time.
- Payment will be processed upon confirmation of space availability for the block booking period. The Preschool Supervisor will contact the parent/guardian to arrange this prior to the start of the session. Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please ask a member of the Child Minding team for more information.
- Note – a charge of $5 will be applied to “no shows” for Member infant block bookings. Please ensure you call to cancel your scheduled booking if you cannot make it.
Casual bookings are for single-day appointments, booked closer to the day required.
- Members may book one week in advance of the day they wish to book an appointment.
- Non-members may book 24 hours in advance of the day they wish to book an appointment.
- Payment will be made using a pre-paid Child Minding punch card. These cards are sold in denominations of $30 and can be purchased at Member Services. Following each Child Minding visit, payment for that visit will be deducted from your card.
Casual bookings can be made by calling the Child Minding area directly. Please leave a message if a member of our staff is not immediately available.
Walk-in booking requests may be possible depending on space and staff availability.
We may not be able to accommodate all casual booking requests, including walk-ins. We recommend you call ahead to avoid disappointment.
Child Minding appointments are limited, pending availability, to three visits per child per week. All child minding appointments are 2 hours long and require pre-registration.
|Infant (6 wks - 23 mo)||Free||$13.00|
|Child (2 - 9 years)||$8.40||$13.00|
Fee listed is for 2.0 hour appointment
* To receive member benefits and pricing, the child requires a YMCA membership
Note – Families receiving YMCA financial assistance will have the discounted fee, as per their YMCA financial assistance agreement, applied at the time of purchasing a Child Minding Punch Card or at the time of payment for block booking.
Child Minding appointments are limited, pending availability, to three visits per child per week.
An additional casual booking may be requested. We cannot guarantee availability. Member infants will be charged for the additional child minding booking.
All users of the YMCA Child Minding area must remain onsite, using facility amenities. Jogging in the immediate vicinity is permitted, providing the parent/guardian has a cell phone on them that remains on.
A charge of $5 will be applied to “no shows” – bookings for which cancellation notice was not received. This includes block booked appointments for Member infants.
The Child Minding area may be closed during periods when no advance bookings (both block booking and casual) have been made.
- Please drop-off and pick-up your child(ren) on time
- Let us know if your child will not be in attendance
Please phone when booking a child minding appointment.
Remington YMCA in Quarry Park
|Mon - Fri||8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Holidays||8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|Mon, Wed, Fri||9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Tues & Thurs||Closed|
Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton
|Mon - Thurs||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m|
|Sunday||8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Holidays||8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
|Mon - Thurs||8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. *|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m *|
|Saturday||8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m *|
|Sunday||8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|Holidays||8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|*closed for lunch from 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.|
|Mon - Friday||8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
Child Minding may close early due to no bookings.