As a member, you're part of a centre of community and a charitable organization with a shared commitment to build healthy communities. You will also enjoy the following member benefits:
- Use of all YMCA Calgary locations
- FREE drop-in fitness classes
- FREE Fitness Essentials program with one of our certified fitness professionals designed to help you get started on a fitness program
- FREE child minding for up to 2 hours a day, 3 times/week for children ages 6 weeks to 35 months (and discounted rates for older children)
- No contract or withdrawal fees
- FREE and discounted registered programs with advanced program registration
- FREE introductory climbing course at all locations with climbing walls
- Discounted drop-in admission rates for your guests any time
- FREE access for a guest on the fifth of every month
- NEW! Member access to Y@HOME+ virtual live fitness portal
- Drop-in classes are FREE with membership or admission
- Large variety of drop-in fitness classes each week across the city
- Open gym time to play sports like basketball, badminton and soccer
- Squash and racketball courts (Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA)
- 25M pools, training pools and on-deck hot tubs
- Indoor rock climbing walls with free climbing wall orientation
1. General Memberships – use of General Locker Rooms and all facilities at all YMCA locations across the city.
2. Extra Memberships (formerly named Plus) – use of Extra Locker Rooms and all fitness areas. Available at Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot, Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA, Shawnessy YMCA and Remington YMCA in Quarry Park locations.
3. South Health Campus YMCA Only Membership - use of the YMCA facility in South Health Campus Hospital only.
4. +ONE Memberships - This membership allows an active Adult, Young Adult or Senior Full-pay Member to add one or more members of their household to their membership at a reduced rate.
The Adult (18+) member will always be considered the primary member. Child, Youth and Young Adult +ONE members must be dependents of the primary member. Learn more here.
Levels of Access
Level of access is determined by age and required supervision.
FULL ACCESS* (10Y+) Includes access to all areas including weight floor and drop-in fitness classes. Youth ages 12-17 years require an orientation before accessing the weight floor.
SUPERVISED ACCESS* (9Y AND UNDER) Includes access to all areas (within arm’s reach in the pool for those under seven, and under supervision for those aged 7-9), with exception of the weight floor and drop-in fitness classes. There is a supervision ratio maximum of three children per parent/guardian.
New Membership Benefit: Y@HOME+At the YMCA, we are committed to supporting you and your family’s health and wellness. That’s why we are excited to bring you YMCA at Home! YMCA at Home is our virtual platform connecting you with your favourite YMCA programs, activities and instructors without leaving the comfort of your own home. You can expect a safe, fun and impactful experience for everyone in your family.
Plus Membership perks vary by location:
Gray Family Eau Claire Plus Membership
Crowfoot Plus Membership
Shawnessy Plus Membership
When using the Plus locker rooms, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. For the safety of all people, during Eau Claire YMCA's prime time hours (M-F 11:30 am – 1:30 pm), children under 12 years will not have access.
*costs vary by branch according to services offered at each facility.
Drop-In at the YMCA
Not a member yet? We have many drop-in options to accommodate you and your family.
Ready to Join?
Select more membership information