Legal and Complaints Policy
YMCA Calgary is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, privacy and accuracy of personal information it collects and uses regarding its members. YMCA Calgary does not rent, sell or trade personal information. You may receive periodic communications from us with information about YMCA Calgary and our programs and services that may be of interest and benefit to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can click unsubscribe from the email you received. Contact your branch for further details.
Free Trials - Terms and Conditions
Each contest entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to be bound by the following contest guidelines (the “Contest Guidelines”):
- Each contest is governed by the contest rules (the “Short Rules”) located on the individual contest page (a “Contest Page”) and these Contest Guidelines.
- The Short Rules and Contest Guidelines may be amended at any time without prior notice to Entrants.
- A contest may be cancelled or removed from ymcacalgary.org at any time without prior notice to Entrants.
- Only Entrants who abide by the Short Rules and these Contest Guidelines are eligible to win a prize.
- Each contest is open to legal residents of Canada (unless specified in the Short Rules or otherwise herein), who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
- Contests are not open to residents of Québec.
- Contests are not open to employees of YMCA Calgary or members of their immediate families.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to participate in a contest.
- Entrants are required to enter a contest in the manner indicated on a Contest Page.
- Entrants are selected by a random number generator (a “Winning Entrant”).
- Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Winning Entrants are notified within 24 hours of contest end date.
- Winning Entrants must reply to YMCA Calgary within 24 hours of being notified.
- A prize must be accepted as rewarded and may not be exchanged for cash or any other product or service.
- Prize pick-up will be required and will be the Winning Entrants' responsibility.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Entrants agree to the provision of their personal information (to the extent necessary) to a third party for the sole purpose of administering prize distribution.
YMCA Calgary encourages you to use this web site and information contained herein for your personal, non-commercial use.
1. Legal Disclaimers, Copyright and Trademarks
All material found in the pages of this web site is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and of other countries. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this web site may constitute trade names, trademarks or service marks of YMCA Calgary or its subsidiaries, or the use of which may have been licensed to them. The display of trademarks, trade names or service marks on pages at this web site does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted to anyone else. Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, republication or other copying or modification of material posted on this web site, including trade-marks, trade-names and service marks, may violate federal, common or civil law, trade-mark law and copyright law, and may result in legal action.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties
The information and material contained in this web site are believed to be accurate and complete at the time of their posting. Although YMCA Calgary attempts to ensure that all information and material remain current and accurate, YMCA Calgary does not warrant their accuracy, completeness and currency at all times. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to warranties as to non-infringement of intellectual property rights or third party rights, title, latent defects, uninterrupted service, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer viruses, is given in conjunction with the information, materials and software algorithms.
3. Exclusion of Liability
In no event will YMCA Calgary be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, moral or consequential damages, loss of profits, opportunities or information or for expenses arising in connection with this web site, with any software algorithms available thereon nor with any hyperlinked web site or for use thereof or inability to use by interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if YMCA Calgary is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Software algorithms made available and hyperlinks to other Internet resources are at your own risk. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed, and other links provided by these software algorithms and resources are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by YMCA Calgary
4. Links to Third Party web sites
YMCA Calgary is not responsible for the content of any linked web site or any link contained in a linked web site. YMCA Calgary provides such links only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by YMCA Calgary of the linked web site or information contained therein.
5. Internet Email
The Internet is not yet a fully secure medium, and therefore confidentiality and privacy cannot be ensured. YMCA Calgary will not be liable for any damages resulting from the transmission of confidential or personal information.