YMCA Calgary Child Care Centres
Child Care Registration and Wait Lists
JANUARY 2019 UPDATE
Thank you for your interest in YMCA Child Care. Our program offerings, along with our recent designation as provincial ELCC centres ($25/day child care), has resulted in significant interest in YMCA Child Care Centres.
All YMCA Child Care programs are currently full and waitlists are capped. We do not anticipate that any of our wait lists will open in the near future.
Should we be able to open a waitlist, we will publish this information on our website along with the date it will open and the process for joining the waitlist. Generally, any update of this nature will be posted towards the end of a calendar month.
New! YMCA Calgary Child Care Centres are now offering $25/day child care, thanks to the support of the Government.
YMCA Calgary chosen by Government of Alberta to operate seven child care sites offering $25/day child care under expanded government-funded program.
Through a multilateral Agreement with the federal government, provincial and territorial partners, the Government is providing support for affordable child care initiatives across Canada. This new Alberta Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) program is a three-year initiative that caps parent fees for child care at $25/day. YMCA was successful in its application to become part of this new initiative and will successfully receive funding over the next three years. Therefore, effective May 1, 2018, all parent fees for YMCA Child Care will be $546.00/month. This monthly fee is upon recommendation from the government and aligns with the provincial subsidy level.
Read more about this new initiative by clicking below:
YMCA Calgary Child Care Centres
Our licensed child care centres are staffed by professional, qualified and experienced caregivers who apply best practices in healthy child development and play-based learning.
YMCA Calgary operates licensed child care centres in five of our YMCA Health & Wellness Centres: Gray Family Eau Claire, Remington, Saddletowne, Shane Homes and Shawnessy. We also have a stand-alone centre located in the Quarry Park community. Scroll down for locations and details
Children participating in YMCA Child Care Centres have the opportunity to swim, play in the gym, go on outings and field trips, and participate in play-based learning activities that are developmentally appropriate and which prepare them for kindergarten readiness.
All centres operate Monday to Friday | 7:00am – 6:00pm | Closed Statutory Holidays
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org | (403) 351-6689
Please Note: ALL Child Care Centres are full and waitlists are capped.
Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA (Ages 19 months – 6 years)
101 3 Street SW
Director: Margaret Ferriss
- Children must be fully potty-trained
- Transportation for kindergarten children is available from this centre to Renfrew School (Janice McTighe Centre). Please contact us for details.
Quarry Park Child Development Centre (Ages 12 months – 6 years)
10702 – 18 Street SE
Administrator: Kathleen Bursey
(Stand-alone child care centre located in the Quarry Park Community)
- Transportation for kindergarten children may be available from this centre to Douglasdale School. Please contact us for details
ECCO Child Development Centre (Ages 12 months – 6 years)
108 Quarry Park Road SE
Director: Sabrina Norton
- (Located in the Remington YMCA in Quarry Park)
11300 Rocky Ridge Rd. NW
Director: Amaka Amadike
Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton (Ages 12 months – 6 years)
4995 Market Street SE
- Estimated completion: early 2019
- Registration is full and the waitlist has been capped
Shawnessy YMCA (Ages 19 months – 6 years)
333 Shawville Blvd SE
Director: Sheina Mark
- Kindergarten-age children – please contact us for details
Gray Family Eau Claire, ECCO (Remington), Saddletowne, Shane Homes & Shawnessy
Includes morning and afternoon snack
|Children All Ages||$546/month|
Quarry Park Child Development Centre
Includes snacks and lunch
|Children All Ages||$546/month|
Part-time Care – All Centres (pending space availability)
|Children All Ages||$25/day|
We provide tours of our centres for prospective families. Tours are scheduled to ensure a senior staff member is available to facilitate the tour and to minimize disruption to the daily activities of the children. Priority for tours is given to families for whom a space has been offered.
Registration Policies (Full-time Care)
- Pre-authorized payments are required at the time of registration.
- A $600 deposit is required at time of registration; deposit will be returned with minimum 45-days notice of cancellation.
- Financial Assistance is available for qualifying families through Alberta Children’s Services and YMCA Calgary once a child is registered in the centre.
- All YMCA Calgary Child Care Centres are Alberta Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Centres and, as such, receive funding which caps parent fees at $546/month. This funding is in place through March 2021.
- Each YMCA Child Care Centre maintains its own waitlist. All Child Care waitlists are currently capped.
- Registration on waitlists is limited and placement on the waitlist does not guarantee a child care space as children of the correct age are placed into the available space.
- There is a non-refundable $50/family wait list fee at each centre. A family may be placed on one additional YMCA child care centre wait list at $0 fee.
- When a space within the centre becomes available, the family will be contacted using the main phone number and email on the family account. A family will be provided with 24 hours to respond. Should a family not respond or wish to delay a start, a note will be made on the file and the next family on the list will be contacted. The child will remain on the waitlist until YMCA Calgary places them in the centre, the family asked them to be removed or three offers of a space have been made and refused.
Keeping in Touch With Your Child is Just a Tap Away.
Today’s families are busier than ever.
Between child drop offs, work, pick-ups, meal prep, and activities, you don’t always have time to speak with your child’s educators and learn about your child’s day.
We’re making it easier for our YMCA Preschool Child Care families to connect to the small moments and big milestones of their child’s day, through our new YMCA app – WeemarkableTM.
WeemarkableTM is the window into your little one’s day – from wherever you are.
It keeps your mind at ease and helps you share in the fun your child has throughout the day, with messages and photos, access to important child care notices, educator observations, milestones, menu information and direct to educator messaging.
All at just a tap.
And most importantly, even when you can’t be with them, it’s Weemarkable how connected you’ll be.
It’s the app you love to hear from…
- Follow all your children registered in YMCA Preschool Child Care on one feed
- Direct messaging to and from your child’s educators
- Review your child’s weekly menu
- Daily educator observations about their play, nap and meals
- Important notifications, such as centre closures due to weather, sent directly to your mobile device
- Photos of your child engaged in learning
- Add additional followers, such as grandparents, to your child’s profile and customize the content they can view
- Completely safe and secure