STAY WITH US
On March 15, 2020 YMCA Calgary temporarily closed all its facilities and cancelled all programs on advice of Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and by order of the Calgary Emergency Management Agency (CEMA).
With the closure of our Y facilities, we made the decision to stop membership payments and put memberships on hold until we re-open our facilities. We made this decision because we believe it was the right thing to do. We know you may be suffering financially due to the health crisis and the turbulent Calgary economy and we hope this decision will provide help to those who need it most right now.
In difficult times, the YMCA pivots in response to community needs and finds ways to use our resources to offer solutions. For 118 years, YMCA Calgary has supported the health of our community, and the COVID-19 pandemic will be no different.
Though our facilities are closed, the YMCA is still supporting our members and the community.
As a YMCA member, you can help.
When you belong to the Y, you are not only a member of a health and wellness facility. You are a member of an organization dedicated to strengthening our community.
STAY WITH US
If you are able, we are asking you to STAY WITH US, in order to continue our work during this unprecedented challenge. Your membership dollars are crucial during this time. Your support will enable us to:
- Launch and offer an array of resources on the Virtual Y site to help you and the community thrive while at home
- Develop solutions to support the community in their physical, emotional and social health
- Adapt current programs to offer virtual programming such as math tutoring and youth leadership development
- Maintain our facilities to ensure our reopening is as timely and efficient as possible when permitted
- Take care of our staff team by providing health benefits during the layoff period and offering an emergency support fund for staff facing acute circumstances
Your monthly membership is crucial in enabling us to pivot our work to support you and the community, and to cover general operating expenses.
- STAY WITH US and continue paying your monthly membership fee as a
- Keep your membership on hold, without charge, until our Ys reopen. (No action required)
To STAY WITH US, please fill out the form below.
Once we receive this form, it will take 12-48 hours to activate your request and start your donation. The donation will process monthly on the activation date and continue on this date until our facilities reopen, or you contact us to stop the donation. Please note, the donation date will not be the same as your monthly membership payment schedule.
If you are not able to stay with us but wish to donate to support the YMCA right now, please click below