HIRING: Camp Chief Hector Kitchen Staff
Why should you join our team?
At YMCA Calgary we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
Camp Chief Hector YMCA is a unique branch of YMCA Calgary located on a 1, 000 acre site in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Camp programs emphasize community and values-based education, outdoor challenge, fun, individual growth, environmental stewardship, leadership development and service excellence. We provide Summer Camps, Outdoor Schools, weekend programs for adults and families, and meeting/event facilities.
YMCA Calgary also offers multiple other perks and benefits;
– Onsite accommodation and meals provided
– Development opportunities and leading edge training specific to our Rocky Mountain setting
– Ongoing leadership development and opportunities
– Scholarship opportunities
– Longevity Awards celebrating years of service at Camp Chief Hector YMCA
– Complimentary YMCA Calgary Membership Plus including a linked membership for an adult of your choice, and dependent children while employed by the YMCA Calgary.
– Salary: $12.25-$15.50
What qualifications are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the following;
– Previous experience in the food service industry preferred
– Strong communication skills
– A positive attitude and positive teamwork experience
– Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
– Evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
– Three professional references
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
– Help prepare meals in accordance with established menus and procedures at Camp Chief Hector YMCA
– Plan and prepare food for the week
– Ensure timely preparation of meals, and adequate storage of all food and supplies
– Ensure food waste is kept to a minimum
– Ensure a high level of quality, cleanliness, and safety in all food preparation
– Ensure all special dietary needs and restrictions are met
– Support a positive kitchen culture and respectful workplace
– Support Camp Chief Hector YMCA risk management rules and guidelines
– Model and support the values of Camp Chief Hector YMCA and YMCA Calgary
– Work as an active and positive member of the Camp Chief Hector YMCA staff team
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff?
Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.