Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – Join us in creating a better Calgary
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization where thousands of children, youth and adults access our programs and facilities. We are much more than a gym, pool, and recreational facility – we strive to adapt to community needs, and ensure that our programs and facilities can be accessed by all who need them. YMCA Calgary staff firmly believe that they are creating a positive impact in the community through their work at the Y. In our work we deliver health and wellness programs, community outreach, aboriginal programs, newcomer programs, day and overnight camping, outdoor schools, leadership development, childcare, and much more.
At YMCA Calgary we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
Arts Team Volunteer:
Start Date: March 2018
Shane Homes YMCA in Rocky Ridge
11300 Rocky Ridge Rd. N.W.
· Minimum time commitment is 2 hours per week on a consistent schedule for a 10-12 month term starting March 2018.
· Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership (upon completion of a 3-month probationary period and all required training)
· Free continuing education opportunities throughout the year
· Member rates on registered programming
· Discounted rates on additional YMCA certification courses
What qualifications do we look for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our volunteers are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
· Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
· Previous experience working with children between the ages of 3-5 years of age.
· Certification and Training in Early Childhood Education or Physical Literacy would be considered an asset.
What does this role look like?
The Arts Team Volunteer will:
– Have a passion for dancing, drama and/or visual arts.
– Assist our Instructors to ensure that our children’s classes in Dance, Visual Art, and Drama run smoothly.
· Provide an impactful experience for children between the ages of 6-12 years participating in registered programs.
· Work collaboratively with a team to plan, prepare and implement recreational preschool activities for children and families.
· Maintain a safe environment by following policies and procedures to manage risks associated with preschool activities.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary volunteers?
Our staff and volunteers model and are committed to the following competencies;
1. Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
2. Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
3. Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
4. Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
5. Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
6. Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
7. Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
If interested in this volunteer opportunity, please send a resume and completed volunteer application to email@example.com