Childcare Volunteer – Swim Volunteer
108 Quarry Park Road SE
Start Date: Immediately
Why should you join our team?
At YMCA Calgary, we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. The ECCO Child Development Centre in Remington YMCA is looking for volunteers to help our educators with their weekly swim time. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place and develop your leadership skills, this is the place for you!
What qualifications we are looking for:
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our volunteers are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
• Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
• Intervention Record Check with Child and Family Services
• Three professional or volunteer references
• Passion and dedication for working with children aged 19 months to 6 years
• Commitment to providing at minimum 2 hours per week to support our operations
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
• Support program staff by helping maintain our Health and Safety Initiatives and swim ratios and safe swim practices.
• Be willing to get into the pool and engage with the participants
• Engage positively with the program participants
• Engage with program educators and support their swim routine and help with swim suit laundry upon return.
• Role model positive social practices for the participants with the YMCA Core values
• This shift runs from 9:00am-11:00am, Mon, Tues or Wed .
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary volunteers?
Our staff and volunteers model and are committed to the following competencies;
Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Volunteer Commitment and Privileges
• Upon completion of a period determined by YMCA Calgary, volunteers are eligible for a citywide YMCA general membership. To continue, volunteers must volunteer a minimum of 2.5 hours per week.
• ECCO Child Development Centre in Remington YMCA is looking for volunteers willing to give a minimum of 6 month commitment and would value those looking for more longer term opportunities.
If interested in this volunteer opportunity, please send a resume and completed volunteer application to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services 101 3 St. S.W. Calgary, AB T2P 4G6 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org