Arts Team Volunteer Opportunity
Ushers, Ticket Takers, Front of House
YMCA Calgary -Shane Homes YMCA
11300 Rocky Ridge Blvd NW
Start Date: March, 2018
Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – Join us in creating a better Calgary
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization where thousands of children, youth and adults access our programs and facilities. We are much more than a gym, pool, and recreational facility – we strive to adapt to community needs, and ensure that our programs and facilities can be accessed by all who need them. YMCA Calgary staff firmly believe that they are creating a positive impact in the community through their work at the Y. In our work we deliver health and wellness programs, community outreach, aboriginal programs, newcomer programs, day and overnight camping, outdoor schools, leadership development, childcare, and much more.
At YMCA Calgary we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
What does the volunteer opportunity look like?
• Shane Homes has a series of performances taking place in our beautiful BMO Theatre in 2018-2019. As such, we are looking for a new team of volunteers to support the performances as Ticket Takers, Ushers and Front of House.
• Ticket Takers: Validating that theatre patrons have purchased tickets
• Ushers: Assisting theatre patrons in finding their seat(s)
• Front of House: Answering specific patron questions and supporting the Ticket Takers and Ushers as required.
• All position require a passion for providing excellent customer service
• Minimum time commitment is an average of 2 hours per week over a 10-12 month term starting March 2018.
• Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search required.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary volunteers?
Our staff and volunteers model and are committed to the following competencies;
1. Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
2. Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
3. Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
4. Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
5. Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
6. Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
7. Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
If interested in this volunteer opportunity, please send a resume and completed volunteer application to firstname.lastname@example.org