Access YMCA Calgary
Hours of Operations
Current Outdoor Activites
Frequently Asked Questions
YMCA Update - September 22, 2021
YMCA Calgary is aware of the recommendation by the Chief Medical Officer of Health for recreation facilities to closely examine their protocols regarding unvaccinated youth engaging in recreational activities within their facilities. YMCA Calgary has considered our current decisions and processes (below) to determine if any changes are necessary or advised.
We have chosen to exceed the minimum protocols required under the provincial Restrictions Exemption Program (REP).
Our approach remains to require full vaccination for all participants 12+ in our facilities.
This is in alignment with a new City of Calgary bylaw which includes recreation facilities, including YMCAs. It's also in concert with many other large recreation providers in the city, including the City of Calgary, our largest recreation partner. Finally, our approach follows recommendations from Dr. Kirsten Fiest, an epidemiologist with a focus on children’s health YMCA Calgary has retained to advise us.
This decision will help provide clarity and ensure consistency for people using our services. Most importantly, this decision will best protect the whole YMCA Calgary community, our key responsibility as a health and wellness organization.
We know this will not please some parents who have chosen not to have their 12-17 year old children vaccinated. However, we encourage you to choose vaccination to protect your family and others so you may enjoy the full benefits of the community, including participation at the YMCA.
Please see below for a list of FAQs and expectations for YMCA facility and program access.
It also contains information on membership or program refunds.
We ask everyone to be kind, particularly to our front-line staff and volunteers, who are doing their very best every day to provide safe and meaningful experiences to Calgarians.
YMCA Update - September 16, 2021 - New Government Restrictions
To our YMCA community,
YMCA Calgary welcomes the broader suite of restrictions announced by the Government of Alberta on Wednesday September 15 to keep our community safe during this serious 4th wave.
YMCA Calgary will be participating in the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program.
Here’s what you need to know:
Programs and Activities:
All our programs and activities will proceed unchanged and as planned at this time.
We are happy we can continue to provide these exceptional experiences and services to you. We are also maintaining existing controls, including masking and health screening, as well as adding some new ones:
1. Beginning Monday September 20, 2021, Proof of vaccination status for those aged 12+ will be required to access any YMCA Calgary facility, service or program (indoors and outdoors)
- From Sept 20 to Oct 25: Anyone 12+ looking to access a YMCA facility, service or program must have received at least one dose of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- Proof of a single dose is acceptable as long as the dose was given more than two weeks before time of entry to a YMCA facility.
- From Oct 25 onward: Anyone 12+ looking to access a YMCA facility, service or program must have received two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccines.
Checking Vaccination Records:
Right now, there are several options people 12+ can use to prove vaccination status.
- Paper: Immunization records received at immunization appointments OR Paper card printable from MyHealth Records app
- Digital: Records shown from MyHealth Records app or website OR a screenshot of immunization records received at immunization appointments
2. YMCA Calgary will be implementing a mandatory vaccination policy that will apply to staff, volunteers and contractors.
- To protect the health and safety of the YMCA community, it is now required that all YMCA Calgary employees, volunteers and contractors be fully vaccinated by no later than October 25, a date in alignment with the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program.
YMCA Calgary will NOT be accepting any COVID-19 test results
in lieu of vaccine status. We do not have the capacity or expertise to determine the validity of medical test results.
We are currently developing a process to manage requests for medical exemptions. While we are building this process, exemptions will not be provided.
However, we are committed to doing this quickly, so that we can work with our community to determine accommodations as appropriate.
Please refer to the full FAQs regarding these changes and other measures currently in place to keep our staff, volunteers, members and participants safe.
Click here to read our updated Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this operational change
More information will be forthcoming. Please watch your email, ymcacalgary.org and our social media channels for more updates.
Thank you to everyone for your continued commitment to the YMCA.
PS. We know our community has been through a lot as the pandemic wears on. This has been particularly challenging for young people. YMCA is offering a FREE program to help. Y Mind is a FREE 7-week introductory mental wellness program designed to help teens(13-18Y) and young adults(18-30Y) build valuable skills for coping with stress and anxiety. This program will be offered in-person (or online if required by government health restrictions)
Click here to learn more about Y MIND
Four Steps to Access the YMCA
You are required to show
Back to the top
Hours of Operation
||Hours Sat & Sun
|Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton & Shane Homes at Rocky Ridge YMCA
||5:30am - 10:00pm
||7:00am - 8:00pm
|Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot, Shawnessy YMCA, Remington YMCA in Quarry Park
||6:30am - 7:30pm
||7:00am - 1:30pm
||11:30am - 7:30pm
||9:00am - 3:30pm
(Saturday only, Closed Sunday)
|South Health Campus YMCA
||Closed until further notice
||Closed until further notice
Back to the top
What will I be able to do at the Y?
We are so excited to welcome you back to your Y! There are many activities and fitness programs for you to do at your YMCA.
- Fitness Centre and Basketball drop-in
- Lane Swim and Recreational Swim drop-in
- Fitness and yoga classes (by appointment): Registration is live now. Click here to register online!
- Registered swim lessons and programs: Registration is live now. Click here to register online!
- Gymnasium appointments (1 hour Pickleball, 1 hour Badminton and Family Open Gym)
- Calgary Flames Grade 6 in-person and virtual Activities
Click + icon to expand
Youth Registered Programs
We are excited to be bringing youth programming at your Y! Look forward to registering your youth to swim, sport and art programs with reduced class sizes and personalized instruction. These programs are targeted to youth of the ages 5-14 and all skill levels are welcome!
Click here to see what is being offered at your YMCA location
Calgary Flames Grade 6 Activities
We are excited to offer Calgary Flames Grade 6 activities live and in person in a safe and fun outdoor environment and a virtual at home experience. This free membership supported by the Calgary Flames Foundation is still available and will be extended to expire Dec 31, 2021 for any children that began their membership after August 1, 2020.
Grade 6 Memberships for 2021/2022 school year will be available as of August 1, 2021. Programming will return to in-person in the coming weeks and months with some virtual resources also being offered.
For more information on our Calgary Flames Grade 6 activities, visit our online portal below.
Click here to register and join a Grade 6 activity
Back to the top