YMCA Calgary > YMCA Calgary Re-opening Strategy
Dear YMCA Calgary Community,
YMCA Calgary Re-opening Strategy
Quick Links and Info
- July 20th: Targeted Re-opening date for YMCA Calgary facilities.
- YMCA Calgary Memberships will be re-activated on July 20.
- FAQs: Click here to download the Frequently Asked Questions PDF.
- Summer Moments: Click here to learn more about YMCA Summer Moments
Dear YMCA Calgary Community,
Taking care of our health is important, now more than ever before. At the Y, were here to help you stay active, healthy and improve your well-being. And, we are so pleased to say that we’ll soon be back to serve you!
Our doors will officially open on Monday July 20, 2020 and we want to help you prepare for your return to the Y. Things will be different. In order to support you in the safest way possible and follow all guidance from health authorities, we’ve put in place some measures that will look and feel different. What hasn’t changed is our commitment to creating experiences for you and your family.
Stay with us! Membership InformationWe understand that, for many, circumstances have changed because of the pandemic. Here are a number of options to allow members to continue with their YMCA membership. YMCA Calgary Memberships will be re-activated on July 20.
If you're ready to come back, no action is required. If you have already let us know what you would like to do with your Membership - make sure you received a confirmation email confirming the hold or cancellation.
If you need a bit more time, don't worry as we have many different options for you to consider:
- Continue with your membership: no action required; your membership will automatically start when our doors re-open
- Membership hold: Not quite ready to return? You can put your membership on hold for either 3 months or 6 months.
- Financial Assistance:If you would like to come back but your financial situation has changed, please fill out the Financial Assistance request form. A YMCA Calgary staff member will reach out with financial assistance options to support you.
- Cancellation:For now, if you want to cancel your YMCA membership, please fill out the Membership Cancellation Form.
IMPORTANTPlease note: If you did not receive a confirmation email confirming your Membership Hold or Cancellation please resubmit your form.
NOTEIf you placed your membership on hold PRIOR to the mid-March YMCA shutdown because of COVID-19 - we still need you to restate your intention to remain on hold for 3 or 6 months. If we don’t hear from you, we will restart your membership on July 20th.
What can I do in the meantime, before you re-open on July 20th?
Join us for free drop-in outdoor programming July 13 - September 1!We know that his has been a challenging time for everyone, and we want to say thank you for your patience and loyalty by hosting free drop-in outdoor fitness fun from July 13 to September 1. We all need to walk this off gently, so why not do it together?
Registration begins July 10th and bookings can be made up to three days in advance. Register through YMCA Calgary's Drop-in Fitness online reservation tool by clicking here
Login using the same username used for drop-in fitness classes. Don't have a username or can't remember your login details? Email email@example.com
Registration for YMCA Summer Moments is open
Due to health guidance, YMCA Calgary has had to cancel all traditional summer day camps. But while we can’t engage your kids all day, every day in the way you might be used to, we’ve found a way to give them single day or twice-a-week summer experiences that will be safe, fun and memorable. Offered July to August starting today! We look forward to connecting with your kids because – even though they are not camps – they are YMCA Summer Moments!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: What do I need to know?
We know many of you have many questions on what to expect once we re-open our doors.
- Before your first visit: At-a-glance, here’s what you need to do before you visit your YMCA facility again.
- To download a PDF of the full list of questions and answers (FAQ), please click here
- To read individual questions, please see below. Expand the question to see the answer by pressing the plus icon
Safety and Physical Distancing
Facility Hours and Access
Membership and Fees