Sunday, June 21st is Father’s Day. It is also the first day of summer for 2015.
Let the celebrations begin – welcome the summer season and take time to acknowledge and celebrate wonderful relationships between kids and Dads.
YMCA Calgary is all about promoting family fun with a health and wellness focus. Here are some ideas of ways to recognize Father’s Day:
- enjoy a cooling swim in one of YMCA Calgary’s four indoor pools (Crowfoot, Eau Claire, Saddletowne and Shawnessy)
- take a walk or run in a local park. Eau Claire YMCA has some great running trails right out the front door – check the map that is posted in the lobby
- explore a natural environment. Nosehill, Fish Creek and Edworthy Parks all have wonderful natural areas. Just slightly further afield is Elbow Falls, Kananaskis Country, Grassi Lake and the whole of Banff National Park
- visit the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller; making time to walk in the footsteps of dinosaurs along the outdoor trails
- share a favourite activity with the special kid(s) or man in your life – golf (regular or mini), lego building, princess party, attend a local baseball game…
- have fun together as big and little kids – a water blast game, backyard fort building, tag games or a soccer game in the neighbourhood field
Enjoy time spent with family and friends on June 21st – perhaps include a mid or late day BBQ. For great BBQ ideas check out Canadian Living Magazine – steaks, side dishes, healthy BBQ and more.
And, for all the Dads out there – HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News