YMCA Calgary is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of individuals within our community. One way we do this is by encouraging our members and program participants to have a worry-free workout by leaving their young children with us while they use YMCA facilities.
Effective January 1, 2014 the following changes will be implemented for the Babysitting Area at our Crowfoot, Eau Claire, Saddletowne and Shawnessy locations:
- FREE member babysitting services will increase to include children aged 6 weeks – 35 months. This benefit is limited to 3 visits/week (Monday – Sunday). Additional visits may be scheduled at a cost of $3.75/hr
- One visit, at a maximum of 2 hours, may be scheduled per day for a child. This is a change from our current daily maximum of 2.5 hours
Fees for babysitting services remain unchanged:
- Member: Child (36M – 10Y) $3.75/hr
- Non-Member: Infant (6 weeks – 18M) $6.00/hr | Child (19M-8Y) $5.75/hr
Please note that once children reach the age of 36 months they are eligible for participation in un-parented preschool programs. These programs provide children with opportunities to further their development through physical, creative and social activities.
Feedback gathered during recent “chat surveys” conducted at YMCA branches was very beneficial and helped frame these changes. Many thanks to everyone who participated and shared their experiences and opinions.
Questions or consideration for unique circumstances should be addressed to a senior babysitting or member services staff member.
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News