Last week we did a poll on Twitter to see how many people planned to register for a fall program. 22% are still unsure.
While there are lots of ways to keep active and maintain your level of fitness independently, there are some excellent benefits to taking a program. Some benefits of program participation are:
• Adds variety to your workout routine, reducing the repetitiveness that often comes with exercising independently (which leads to exercise drop-outs)
• Helps provide motivation and accountability through the power of a group and an expert instructor
• Leaves work out planning to the instructor – no pre-planning required!
• Provides progressive challenge, allowing you to improve your level of fitness over a short period of time
• Like small group training, provides supervision of exercise form, reducing the risk of injury and ensuring you receive the FULL benefit from each exercise
• Provides new exercises and form you can incorporate into your own fitness routine
• Provides instant social connections and an opportunity to get to know people in the community with like interests
Still unsure? Tell us why.
Learn more about our programs here: https://www.ymcacalgary.org/program-descriptions/
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- YMCA News