Restaurants, Fast Food, BIG Portions oh my….
Tips to stay on track while taking out or dining in:
1. Many fast food restaurants have healthier salad options or wraps. In a hurry can be healthy!
2. Order salads in restaurants: Be sure to ask for any dressing on the side, so you control the amount. Dressing can be very high in fat, calories and/ or sugar.
3. Consider having an appetizer as a main meal.
4. Perhaps share a meal with a friend, or ask for half to be boxed for take- out when the meal arrives.
By: Andrea Oikawa, South Health Campus YMCA
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News