We are excited to announce that starting January 10, Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge will be launching a weekly Teen Night! Our Teen Night was created to provide an opportunity for youth to interact with others similar in age, in a safe place. The program is a free drop-in program with a YMCA Calgary membership, and each evening will feature different activities.
Schedule for Teen Night
Multi-Purpose Room #2 (Meet-up spot for Teen Night)
• 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Youth aged 12-14 may gather in multi-purpose room #2 for snacks, icebreakers and short games.
• 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Organized sports activity for youth aged 12-14. Each week will feature a different sport, including but not limited to: Soccer, Basketball, Floor Hockey, Gaga Ball,
Bocce Ball, Dodgeball, Kickball, Capture the Flag and more.
• 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Youth aged 12-14 Open Gym*
• 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Youth aged 12-17 Open Gym*
• 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm: Open Youth Centre for youth aged 12-17. In the Youth Centre, youth will have the chance to socialize, enjoy some free food, play board games/ card games, ping-pong, air hockey, foosball, and listen to music. The activities offered will be changed from week to week and will include time for the youth to plan activities on their own.
If you or your teen have any further questions, please contact Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge directly at: 403-351-6673.
*Open Gym time provides an opportunity for youth to have their own space without skilled/intimidating adults and younger children.
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- YMCA News