What is the Master Swim Program?
The Masters swim program is a yearlong program running from September to August and covers the four competitive strokes – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly – in a swim club environment. Every swimmer who participated will be a registered Swim Alberta participant and have the opportunity to compete at sanctioned competitions. The workouts vary in distance and intensity. You should be able to swim 200 meters continuously before participating in this class. There is a mandatory additional $50 affiliation fee for this course due upon registration to register all swimmers with Swim Alberta.
New and exciting things are happening with the Masters Swim team programing at the YMCA!
- The program is now yearlong running from September through August (excluding interim weeks and statutory holidays).
- There are two payment options. A onetime payment or, a payment schedule which allows participants to pay installments throughout the year.
- Upon registration, each team member will receive a YMCA Masters swim cap.
- There is a $50 Swim Alberta Fee that is required in September which will allow for all participants to be registered with Swim Alberta and compete as part of the YMCA team at sanctioned meets!
- It is our YMCA Calgary goal to host an inter-branch competition in late fall and strive towards hosting a first ever YMCA Calgary sanctioned meet sometime in 2017-2018.
Visit Member Services to set up your installment plan or register online!
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News