Did you know that?
Children between the ages of 8 and 12 are at a peak stage for nervous system development. This means that most of their body awareness, coordination, movement mechanics and balance will be developed by the age of 12 making it a critical time for youth athletes to train. If kids do not participate in physical activity they miss out on this very crucial stage which will affect the rest of their development.
At the YMCA we offer lots of options from day camps to sport classes. It is never too late to get involved!
New programs starting at Saddletowne YMCA
Youth Sport Conditioning 8-15Y
Tuesday 11:30-12:30 #87345 M: 6 weeks $30 NonM: $56
- teach young athletes the foundational components of athleticism through a fun, dynamic workout
- focus on developing strength through movement not muscle mass
- Balance, agility, quickness, core stability, posture and reactivity will be trained through fun and challenging drills.
- Don’t miss this window of opportunity
Youth Yoga 8-15Y
Thursday 10:30-11:30 #87346 M: $45.50 NM: $66.50
7 weeks – registration on-going & pro-rated
Yoga for kids? You bet. No longer considered an adult-only class, we encourage all youth to participate in this incredibly rewarding fitness routine. Hatha yoga will help youth get in touch with their bodies and maintain flexibility as they age, preventing health problems and joint issues that are affecting more inactive youth today than ever.
- This class will focus on flexibility, strength, relaxation, stress management and breathing techniques.
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News