Saddletowne YMCA and the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness will host a Community Wellness Day on Saturday, March 29, 2014. This event is made possible by support from the Norlien Foundation’s Alberta Family Wellness Initiative.
It’s an opportunity for community members to gather and enjoy a day of fun activities and learn about healthy child development and life-long health and wellbeing. The Community Wellness Day will connect participants to relevant community services and provide an opportunity to learn from experts in health and wellness.
What: Free activities and workshops for families
When: Saturday, March 29, 2014 | 12pm-6pm
Where: Saddletowne YMCA in the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness, 7556 Falconridge Blvd NE
Who: Families – adults, youth, kids. Anyone can come!
Activities and services will include:
- Fun programs for children, youth and adults like preschool open gym, martial arts demonstrations, pre and post natal fitness classes, open family swimming, floorball and open climbing
- Workshops and presentations from experts in health and wellness focused on healthy child development, brain development, mental health, heart health and more
- Representatives from Mount Royal University, University of Calgary Faculty of Nursing and Faculty of Medicine, Norlien Foundation, Alberta Health Services, Man Van (free Prostate Cancer Screening), Mosaic Primary Care Network, and Calgary Public Library
- Information takeaways from various service providers in the community
Mark your calendar today to bring your family to learn about health and wellness through fun, free activities!
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News