Exciting Tutor Opportunity
YMCA Calgary is seeking energetic Volunteer Mathematics Tutors interested in helping high school youth.
Tutoring can be beneficial for youth by
- improving academic achievement and school attendance
- increasing self-confidence
- providing a connection to a positive adult
Many youth cannot afford to access quality tutoring programs. Tutoring is offered at no-cost and is aimed at motivated high school students struggling in math who would otherwise not be able to afford professional tutoring services.
Volunteer Tutors Should be Comfortable
- working with high school youth in a group setting
- communicating and teaching to youth struggling in math
- engaging in a positive, strengths-based approach
In addition to contributing to the positive growth and development of others, volunteer tutors will receive a YMCA Membership after 16 hours of volunteering (including training).
For more information on how you can participate, contact the Tutoring Director at email@example.com.
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News