On March 8, 2019, join us at these YMCA locations as we celebrate all women in our community. Each of these locations will have unique programming throughout the day for women of all ages.
Here’s an overview of events happening March 8:
For further details on time, registration, or any questions you may have – please contact your branch directly.
Remington YMCA in Quarry Park:
- Women’s only Zumba® – 1:45pm to 2:30pm
- Guided Meditation session – 2:45pm to 3:30pm followed by a Women’s focus Nutrition Tea and Talk time
Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA:
- Women’s only Small Group Training – 11:15am to 12:00pm
- David’s Tea Tasting – 11:15am to 1:30pm
- Various Women’s only group fitness classes (Check the schedule on our app or website for more details)
- Women’s only Yoga – 1:15pm to 2:15pm
South Health Campus YMCA:
- Women’s only Climbing – 9:30am to 10:30am
- Women’s only Yoga – 10:30am to 11:30am
Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge:
- Women’s only Yoga – 9:00am to 10:00am
- Women’s only Zumba® – 10:30am to 11:30am
- Women’s only Zumba® – 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- Women’s only Yoga – 7:15pm to 8:15pm
- U of C Nurses will be on site from 5:30-8:30 taking blood pressure and discussing Cardiovascular Disease Awareness
Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot:
- Women’s only Resistance Training – 8:30am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 3:30pm
- Made Foods Pop-up and sampling – 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Davids Tea sampling – 1:30pm to 4:00pm
- Women’s only Basketball – 3:00pm to 3:30pm and 5:00pm to 5:30pm
- Women’s only Yoga – 4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Fashion Show – 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Women’s only Belly Dancing – 8:30pm to 9:00pm
**All events are subject to change. Please check with your branch or view our schedules.
YMCA Kids In Motion & Day Camps Food Drive
August 13, 2018 – August 17, 2018
This summer marks the 18th Annual YMCA Kids in Motion and Day camps Food Drive. During the week of August 13-17, campers will have the opportunity to explore philanthropy and learn the value of getting involved in the community during our Calgary Food Bank drive. Campers will visit local communities to deliver flyers and collect donations for the Calgary Inter Faith Food Bank.
Over the past 18 years YMCA Calgary has raised over 200,000 lbs of food. Last year campers supported local communities by collecting 10,620lbs!
If you’d like your camper to participate in our Calgary Food Bank drive, register them for an August 13-17 camp. This applies to all Camp YMCA camps which take place at all seven health and recreation locations.
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- YMCA News