This Calgary YMCA App will enhance your YMCA experience. Here are some of the features that you can enjoy:
- First choose your home branch (Example: Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot)
- See Facility information such as branch hours, location and contact information
- Set up your Membership Card under Check-in. Once you do this you can use your phone to scan in!!
- See the most up to date facility drop-in schedules. You also have the ability to set a reminder in your calendar to attend your favorite drop-in classes
- Review the most recent program guide
- Connect with us on Social Media via the App
- Receive facility notifications (ie. schedule changes, closures etc). Please see the attached information sheet to see how to ensure that you are only receiving notifications for the branches that you are interested in.
- Get updates on your Grade 6 Membership. View monthly calendar and posters for events.
If you have any questions or require further assistance with this App please feel free to pop into your branch and speak with a Member Services Representative.
Join us for a FREE facility wide ladies only event at the Saddletowne YMCA. This event is designed to introduce ladies in our community to the fun and healthy benefits of exercise, in a non-intimidating environment. As this is a facility wide event, our facility will be restricted to women only during these hours.
Bring a friend or family member and join us for a fun night full of a variety of exciting activities!
Group Power begins this coming February. Join us for a full hour of high-rep weight class that will push your muscles to the limit. A quick and easy way to achieve full body strength and boost your metabolism. Group Power will be a drop in class, included with your YMCA membership. Stay tuned to our drop-in fitness schedule for times
Whether you are new to the gym or a seasoned gym-goer, beginning any new exercise program should start the same way – safely. There are a few different things you can do to ensure that you are working out in a safe manner.
1. Don’t copy what you see someone else doing. You don’t know why they’re doing it, You don’t know if they’re doing it correctly, or if they have modified it for any reason. Just because someone who looks “fit’ is doing it doesn’t mean it’s right for you and your body. Proper execution of an exercise trains the targeted muscle(s). Improper execution can create imbalances and lead to injury.
2. Ask us! Staff in gyms are extroverts, we want to talk to people. We thrive on sharing our energy and enthusiasm for wellness. We’re looking for you and want to answer your questions; we want to see you succeed.
3. Work on the basics – posture, body alignment, core engagement. If you want to do an exercise correctly, these are part of the package that reduces the risk of injury.
4. Get the Sets and Reps right. The number of repetitions within a set, and the number of sets completed makes a huge difference from one program to another. Learn what the difference is between low reps heavy weight, and high reps lower weight – dialing in the correct combo will guide you towards your ultimate goal.
5. Stretch! Most of us are in a rush and want to get as much packed into our workout time, then off we go to the next part of our busy days. Take the time to cool down and stretch, it increases range of motion, reduces soreness in the day(s) to come, and reduces risk for injury.
Are you looking to engage within your community? Instruct a new sport or provide leadership? We are looking for volunteers to work with youth in a variety of programs! Instructors follow a curriculum which helps youth build fundamental skills through physical literacy. Instructors will utilize their own experience, creativity, leadership and help youth grow into themselves and their community. Instructors choose a program to lead, volunteer 1.5 hours/week, gain leadership skills and participate in valuable training!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free Membership to the YMCA
- Leadership experience
- Looks great on your resume and we’d love to be your next reference!
- Build a relationship with the YMCA – We may be your next dream job!
How to apply:
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- YMCA News