Help us Bring Holiday Cheer to a Family This Year
Every year approaching Christmas, YMCA Calgary helps many families from our YMCA programs by coming together to purchase gifts for families in need.
This week, you will see different displays pop up in each YMCA branch. The displays will contain details about each family (genders and ages) and a listing of their needs and suggested gift ideas.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Check the display for each family’s needs or gift suggestions
2. Take the tag(s) that describes the item you would like to donate.
3. Buy the gift(s).
4. Bring your tag and unwrapped item to Member Services.
5. YMCA staff will wrap and deliver gifts to the families in time for Christmas.
The families the YMCA helps are gathered from several Community YMCA Programs including YMAP (YMCA Achievement Program), Aboriginal Programs and Services, LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada), and Outreach.
Thanks very much for helping out in your community and let the spirit of giving begin!
For more information or to donate, contact your YMCA Branch today.
*Please note: All 2015 Adopt a Family families have been selected.
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News