Kids involved in Active Y Kids learn about making healthy choices.
Active Y Kids is a 12-week program, offered in all YMCA branches and at specific schools. It is comprised of three main components:
- Physical Activity: Understanding how the body works, exercises, flexibility, muscles strength, relaxation techniques
- Behavior Skills: Goal setting, positive self-talk, stress management, physical activity at home, the professionals who help us stay healthy
- Nutrition: The Canada Food Guide, nutrients, hydration, sugars, reading food labels, portion size, number of servings, healthy breakfast, healthy bones, calcium.
The program has begun at YMCA branches and will be starting at the end of September in schools!
If you would like more information, contact Brandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News