Written by Social Media Youth Volunteer: Sheriza Jiwani
Are you having a hard time waking up in the morning? I know I am. I really miss sleeping in and staying up late. We all have to face the fact; it is time for school again. It is time to get back on the sleeping track.
Tips to get your sleeping schedule back on track:
- Refrain from watching TV or using anything with a screen or back-light (iPad, Laptops, Phones, etc.) an hour before you go to bed. It stimulates your brain and may keeps you up for longer.
- Read a book or listen to music before you sleep. It helps calm you.
- As you fall asleep, your body temperature drops. In order to recreate this feeling, you can take a shower later in the day-the shower warms up your body then slowly cools it down.
- If you’re tossing and turning in the middle of the night, get up and do something that will relax you, but as mentioned before, no screens.
- Set your clock 10 mins earlier than you need to. When it goes off, you allow yourself to sleep for 10 more minutes making it feel like you get to sleep longer. Be careful though, I find that if I sleep a little bit more after the second alarm goes off, it becomes a habit and believe me, it’s a hard one to break.
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News