The results of the annual impact survey are in! Thank you for your feedback. We learned how you view YMCA Calgary’s facilities, programs, services and the delivery of all three. We also learned what influences your health and well-being. Your feedback is vital to us as we move forward so we can continue to improve on the quality and impact of our programs and services to help promote your health and wellness.
Here are a few things that we heard from you through this survey:
Adults & Seniors
- Being active at the Y impacted respondents’ whole health – and their kids too.
- The majority of respondents feel healthy and have seen health improvements in themselves as a result of participating at the Y.
- As a result of participating in YMCA activities, 82% of the respondents have increased sense of happiness and vitality.
- More than two thirds of the respondents are further engaged with activities related to personal interests or goals (73%), have enhanced self-confidence (71%) or are more resilient as a person (68%).
- Respondents revealed that it pays to keep at it and keep going: Those who participated at the Y more than three times per week or for longer than 5 years tend to achieve more positive outcomes than those who participated less.
Children & Youth
- The majority of the survey respondents believe YMCA helps their children try new activities & explore new experiences (83%), become more confident (81%) and interact with people of different age and background (79%).
- The average satisfaction scores for YMCA aquatic/recreational sports programs and preschool programs are both 87%. Around 90% of the parents express that their children liked going to the program and the program instructors encouraged their children in a positive and respectful manner.
- This year’s average satisfaction score for YMCA Child Minding services is 89%, a 2% increase from year 2015.
Thank you for taking the time to complete our annual impact survey.
Survey responses help us evaluate our facilities, programs, services and our impact on the health of individuals and the community. Your feedback helps us evaluate how we develop and deliver programs and services and shapes what we do in the future.
You don’t need to wait until the next annual survey to influence positive change at the YMCA and in the community. Visit us online at https://www.ymcacalgary.org/contact/ and share your feedback/suggestions/comments anytime!
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News