YMCA Child Development Centre
Eau Claire, Saddletowne and Shawnessy YMCA branches operate licensed childcare programs with full-time care for children 19-months to 6-years. YMCA Calgary’s Child Development Centres give children the opportunity to swim, play in the gym, go on outings and field trips, and participate in other stimulating activities. Children are required to bring lunch; morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
Download the YMCA Child Development Centre Information Handbook.
Read the latest editions of our Child Development Centre Newsletters below:
September 2014 October 2014
YMCA Playing to Learn
YMCA Playing to Learn is a national YMCA curriculum that helps children discover learning through creative play and aligns with primary school benchmarks. YMCA Playing to Learn is intended to ensure a child’s continued enthusiasm and capacity for life-long learning. It provides an understanding of how play offers the foundation for learning to read and write, and for learning mathematics, science and technology. It provides early childhood educators with the skills to prepare spaces more conducive to learning and best practices to encourage quality learning experiences. YMCA Playing to Learn Brochure.
- $950/month. Pre-authorized payments are required at the time of registration.
- A $300 deposit is required at time of registration; deposit will be returned with minimum 45-days notice of cancellation.
- Financial Assistance is available for qualifying families through Alberta Children’s Services and YMCA Calgary once a child is registered in the centre.
- Waiting List: There is a non-refundable $50/family waiting list fee at each centre. Call or visit one of the centres for more information. Please note – registration on waitlists is limited and space may not be available.
Hours & Locations
Saddletowne YMCA Current openings for children 3 - 6 years. Call for details
- Located in the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness
- Monday to Friday | 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Contact: Merle Clarke | (403) 237-2393 Extension 2722 | email@example.com
Eau Claire YMCA Current openings for children 3 - 4.5 years. Call for details
- Monday to Friday | 7:00am – 5:45pm
- Contact: Margaret Ferriss | (403) 781-1666 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children must be fully potty-trained
- Transportation for kindergarten children is available from this centre to Renfrew School (Janice McTighe Centre)
- Monday to Friday | 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Contact: Trudy Halvorsen | (403) 254-3211 | email@example.com
- Transportation for kindergarten children is available from this centre to Janet Johnstone School
National YMCA Childcare Survey Results
YMCA Calgary strives to be a leader in the development of active, healthy children and youth. The experiences your child has in YMCA Preschool Child Care is an important part of their development and a vital part of our commitment to building healthy communities.
Take a moment to review the results of the 2014 YMCA Child Care Survey.
YMCA Calgary offers child minding services for up to 2 hours while a parent/guardian is using YMCA facilities. Caregivers engage children using age-appropriate activities and positive guidance techniques.