Child Care Programs | Calgary YMCA Centre
A Quality Child Care Provider in the Calgary Area
YMCA Calgary operates licensed Child Development Centres in four of our YMCA Health & Wellness Centres: Gray Family Eau Claire, Remington, Saddletowne and Shawnessy. We also have a stand-alone centre located in the Quarry Park community. Scroll down for locations and details
Children participating in YMCA Child Development Centres have the opportunity to swim, play in the gym, go on outings and field trips, and participate in play-based learning activities that are developmentally appropriate and which prepare them for kindergarten readiness.
Download the Info Handbook – JUNE 8.16
YMCA Playing to Learn is a national YMCA curriculum that helps children discover learning through creative play and aligns with primary school benchmarks. YMCA Playing to Learn is intended to ensure a child’s continued enthusiasm and capacity for life-long learning. It provides an understanding of how play offers the foundation for learning to read and write, and for learning mathematics, science and technology. It provides early childhood educators with the skills to prepare spaces more conducive to learning and best practices to encourage quality learning experiences. Learn more by downloading the YMCA Playing to Learn Brochure.
All centres operate Monday to Friday | 7:00am – 6:00pm | Closed Statutory Holidays
Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- 101 3 Street SW
- Contact: Margaret Ferriss | (403) 781-1666 | email@example.com
- Children must be fully potty-trained
- Transportation for kindergarten children is available from this centre to Renfrew School (Janice McTighe Centre)
Quarry Park Child Development Centre – open August 15, 2016
10702 – 18 Street SE (Stand-alone childcare centre located in the Quarry Park Community)
Contact: Andrea Waara, Administrator | (403) 351-6689 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Childcare Manager: Trudy Halvorsen | 403- 351- 6688 | email@example.com
- Transportation for kindergarten children is available from this centre to Douglasdale School – please contact Trudy for details
Remington YMCA Child Development Centre
- 108 Quarry Park Road SE (Located in the Remington YMCA in Quarry Park)
- Contact: Trisha Skinner | 403-351-8287 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 24th update: Transportation for kindergarten children is available from this centre to Douglasdale School – please contact Trisha for details
Rocky Ridge Recreation Centre – estimated completion is late 2017
- Located in the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness
- Contact: Merle Clarke | (403) 537-2722 | email@example.com
- Limited space available for preschool aged children (ages 3 – 4.5 years)
Seton Recreation Facility – estimated completion is 2018
- 333 Shawville Blvd SE
- Contact: Stephany Morris | (403) 254-3211 | Stephany.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aug 26.16 Update: We are sorry to announce that we have received notice the bus stop previously utilized by YMCA Calgary K-aged participants to attend Janet Johnstone School is no longer available.
General Inquiries, Questions or Concerns
General Inquiries: email@example.com
General Manager, Early Years: Caryl Broen | (403) 537-1721 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Policies (Full-time Care)
- Pre-authorized payments are required at the time of registration.
- A $600 deposit is required at time of registration; deposit will be returned with minimum 45-days notice of cancellation.
- Financial Assistance is available for qualifying families through Alberta Children’s Services and YMCA Calgary once a child is registered in the centre.
- YMCA Childcare Fees are reviewed annually each Fall. Any changes to fees are communicated to families a minimum of six weeks in advance.
- Waiting List: There is a non-refundable $50/family waiting list fee at each centre. Call or visit one of the centres for more information. Please note – registration on waitlists is limited and space may not be available. Placement on the waitlist does not guarantee a childcare space as we must place children of the correct age into the available space in order to maintain licensing requirements.
YMCA Health & Wellness Centre Locations
Gray Family Eau Claire, Remington, Saddletowne & Shawnessy
NO LUNCH provided
|Children 12 – 18 months||$1300/month|
|Children 19 months – 3 years||$1090/month|
|Children 3-6 years||$1030/month|
Quarry Park Child Development Centre
|Children 12 – 18 months||$1450/month|
|Children 19 months – 3 years||$1240/month|
|Children 3-6 years||$1180/month|
Part-time Care (pending space availability)
12 – 18 mnths: $70 per day | $45 per 1/2 day 19 mnths – 6 yrs: $60 per day | $40 per 1/2 day
Quarry Park Child Development Centre:
12 – 18 mnths: $80 per day | $50 per 1/2 day 19 mnths – 6 yrs: $70 per day | $45 per 1/2 day
YMCA Calgary strives to be a leader in the development of active, healthy children. The experiences your child has in a YMCA Calgary Child Development Centre is an important part of their development and a vital part of our commitment to building healthy communities.
Take a moment to review the results of the Survey Report Card ’16
YMCA Calgary offers child minding services for up to 2 hours while a parent/guardian is using YMCA facilities. Caregivers engage children using age-appropriate activities and positive guidance techniques.
Changes to current child minding processes will take effect September 1, 2015. Information can be found in the links below.