How will you make an impact? Who will you become at YMCA Calgary?
We are currently seeking to fill the following position;
Posting Code: TY-YOUTH-COR
Start Date: July 1, 2015
Why should you join our team?
At YMCA Calgary we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
YMCA Calgary also offers multiple other perks and benefits;
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary Membership Plus including a linked membership for an adult of your choice, and dependent children.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association.
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association and investing opportunities after two years of employment.
- Anniversary Flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment.
- Program discounts
- Childcare discounts
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities
- Leadership awards opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Paid recertification and training
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
The successful candidate will have the following;
- Experience and/or desire to work with young adults aged 12 to 17
- Post-secondary education in Arts, Education, Social Work or Humanities field preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Three professional references
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
The Youth Coordinator will:
- Dedicate 75% of time to deliver registered programs and interacting and building relationships with young adult during drop-in times (teen night, youth center, gym, weight floor, etc.)
- Promote YMCA programs and services for young adults internally and externally
- Promote and support youth volunteering within the Saddletowne YMCA
- Responsible for the weekly leadership programs for junior high and high school youth during the school year
- Deliver leadership opportunities for youth in summer camping
- Actively engage in the leadership curriculum redevelopment
- Liaison with partner schools and organizations to promote and coordinate Grade 6 Membership
- Co-ordinate and implement special events for Grade 6 members
- Prepare and submit monthly reports, program statistics and impact stories
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff?
Our staff model and are committed to the following competencies;
Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity
Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Interested? It’s easy to apply!
Please send a resume and cover letter quoting posting code TY-YOUTH-COR to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. This posting will close when a suitable candidate is found.