Posted: October 16, 2012
Filed Under: Aquatics
Location(s): Saddletowne YMCA
Wage Range Starting at:
Jr. Lifeguard -$10.40/hr
Lifeguard - $12.75/hr
Instructor - $13.82/hr
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Aquatic Director, these part-time Lifeguard / Swimming Instructors are responsible for ensuring a safe aquatic environment and delivering quality, value based programming in the Aquatic area.
- Ensure a safe aquatic environment by following NLS Standards and/or YMCA Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service by adhering to YMCA Priority: SAM Standards
- Knowledgeable of YMCA programs and services
- Complete administrative tasks, updating class rosters, lesson plans, checking equipment, cleaning equipment, sweeping and light maintenance tasks etc. when not guarding or instructing
- Perform all scheduled water tests
- Keep pool area clean and organized
- Respond to emergencies according to NLS Standards and/or YMCA Policies and Procedures
- Work as a team; communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and members in all situations.
- Attend all scheduled in-services
Attend all YMCA training as outlined in contract letter
Commitment to the Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting posting number TY-AQUA-105-:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position closes when suitable candidate is found.