Posted: March 27, 2013
Filed Under: Community Programs & Services
Location(s): Eau Claire YMCA
Do you want to make a difference in a child's life?
We offer high quality; values based programs to enhance the positive development of children and youth. Through these programs we also empower children and youth to build positive communities
YMCA Calgary is seeking energetic, enthusiastic and passionate people to work part time at our Community Outreach sites throughout the city.
YMCA Calgary Community Outreach offers after school child and youth development programs for at risk children and youth in grades 1-6. These programs operate out of 22 different schools throughout Calgary. Each program is comprised of a diverse blend of children with a variety of needs and experiences. Participants are seeking positive, caring adult role models who will provide a fun, safe and engaging program.
There are two main programs offered by YMCA Calgary Community Outreach. The School Support Program focuses on literacy, health and recreation, and social skill development. The Leadership Programs focus on developing and fostering leadership skills in children and youth.
Positions: Outreach Coordinator, Leadership Coordinator, Outreach Assistant Coordinator
Coordinator ($13.82 /Hour)
- 10-20 hours/week (depending on site)
- Work hours are approximately 1-5pm Mon-Fri (1 evening staff meeting per month)
- Coordinate the delivery of programs to meet the needs of school-aged children to ensure educational and social goals are met
- Coordinate the planning of the program as needed
- Ensure safety and well-being of participants at all times
- Maintain positive relationships with school staff
- Complete necessary paper work and manage a food and supply budget
Assistant Coordinator and Relief staff ($12.35/Hour)
- 6-15 hours/week (depending on site)
- Work hours are approximately 3-5pm Mon-Fri (1 evening staff meeting per month)
- Assist with the delivery of programs to meet the needs of school-aged children to ensure educational and social goals are met
- Assist coordinator with the planning of the program as needed
Ensure safety and well-being of participants at all times
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with school aged children, particularly with children from diverse cultural and socio economic backgrounds.
- Prior experience planning programs for children and youth
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Security Clearance (completed at time of employment offer)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting posting number CY-PROG-008 by April 15, 2013 to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.