Posted: February 4, 2013
Filed Under: Membership
Location(s): Crowfoot YMCA
Salary starting at: $46,818/yr
Start Date: Immediate
Nature and Scope:
Crowfoot YMCA is seeking a creative and energetic individual who will be reporting to the Branch General Manager and will be a member of the "Leadership Management Committee" giving leadership to the membership and sales area for the branch.
The ongoing development of membership growth and retention is a key strategic focus for the YMCA and will include individual membership sales, S.A.M. Action Plan, lead with Annual Fundraising Campaign, membership retention and managing and leading an energetic membership sales staff. Together these components form a strategic focus that will ensure that the branch meets its goals.
- Responsible for the human resource management of the membership team to ensure membership and sales targets and YMCA service standards are met or exceeded
- Leads and participates in the Association Annual Fundraising Campaign - Strong Kids
- Provides leadership to build a productive and happy team that delivers friendly and efficient customer service to our members
- Maintains Y standards and is a positive role model for our Mission, Vision and Commitment to Service
- Adheres to Priority S.A.M. standards in supervising the operations of the Membership Sales and Service department
- Provides hands-on leadership to the Membership Sales and Service staff and volunteer team of the Crowfoot YMCA
- Direct delivery up to 50% of total hours modeling service excellence in membership sales and service
- Successfully monitors and manages the Membership Service budgets
- Ensure coordination of all administrative functions for the membership operation of the branch
- Makes decisions and solves problems regarding membership sales and service functions, membership accounts, members concerns and members' behavior
- Works collaboratively with the Managers and Directors to improve member retention
- Implements and carries out the S.A.M. Action Plan
- Performs Duty Manager shifts as required
- Understands and supports the Y's philanthropic commitments
- Participate on a variety of branch and association wide committees
- Participates in staff meetings, professional development activities, and Association and facility functions. Self manages ongoing professional development
- Assumes related responsibilities as assigned
- Available to work evenings, weekends, early mornings as well as weekdays
Commitment to the Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of the YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Values Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
- Post-secondary degree in related field
- Minimum of two years Sales / Marketing / Customer Service experience, at a senior and supervisory level
- Funds development experience
- Proven supervisory skills and experience
- Excellent skills in all methods of communication
- Standard First Aid & CPR certifications
- Security Clearance and vulnerable sector search (completed at time of employment offer). Should an employment offer be made and you have a previous cleared security clearance including vulnerable sector search completed and dated within 12 months of the offer, we will accept a copy.
Please send a resume and cover letter quoting posting number CFY-MEM-017 by February 15, 2013 to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Position closes when suitable candidate is found.