Posted: May 8, 2013
Filed Under: Programs
Location(s): Crowfoot YMCA
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the General Manager, this part-time position is responsible for the smooth operations, security and monitoring of the Crowfoot branch during his/her shift in order to provide a quality experience for all members and participants to the facility. This position is required to respond and resolve member/participants queries and concerns and ensure facility space is assembled for programs and classes. The duty manager is required to maintain a constant, visible physical presence in the branch when on duty.
This position is required to work weekend shifts and has to commit to a minimum of one shift per week.
- Responsible for opening and closing the branch
- Maintain facility security to ensure safety of members, participants and staff
- Be the first responder to facility emergencies, first aid requests, incidents and thefts
- Be knowledgeable about all program and facility bookings during the shift and ensure program space is assembled and facilitators have all the required resources
- Work with the staff team to meet member performance standards by providing support to busy departments, conducting tours etc. while on shift
Commitment to the Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Values Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
- Post-secondary level of education
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional customer service and public relations skills
- Outgoing personality, is reliable and dependable
- Able to work under pressure and prioritize
- Has a good communication and coordination skill to liaise effectively with various departments
- Complete all necessary YMCA training as required
- Security Clearance and vulnerable sector search (completed at time of employment offer). Should an employment offer be made and you have a previous cleared security clearance including vulnerable sector search completed and dated within 12 months of the offer, we will accept a copy.
Please send a resume and cover letter quoting posting number CFY-DM-014 May 17, 2013 to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.