Posted: February 5, 2013
Filed Under: Mechanical Operations
Location(s): Eau Claire YMCA
Start Date: Immediate
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Operations Director, this hands-on position is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of equipment according to standards set by the Public Health Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, ABSA and YMCA Calgary Health and Safety policies. It requires the completion of work orders necessary to ensure that member service requirements are met according to the YMCA S.A.M. standards.
HVAC System Maintenance
Regular daily inspection and record keeping of all boiler, air handling unit and chiller systems. Responsive maintenance and problem solving as required.
Pool Systems Maintenance
Regular daily inspection and record keeping of all pool systems. Responsive maintenance and problem solving as required. Includes the accurate measurement of water quality and composition and any subsequent remedial action required. Other tasks would include backwashing, water sampling, chemical additions and vacuuming when possible.
Full preventative maintenance programme on all exercise equipment. Additional responsive maintenance as required, in additional to full record keeping.
Planned Facility Maintenance
Responsible for the upkeep and appearance of all interior spaces. Tasks would include painting, minor refurbishment and cosmetic improvements in addition to regular weekly inspections of all spaces. Repairs to all interior and exterior fixtures and fittings as required.
Maintenance/repair as directed. Responsive day to day work orders as received, prioritization when appropriate on the basis of safety and Membership relevant needs.
Daily Administration Tasks
Daily work order checks, work order updates, time sheet, and communication log update. Ensure good staff communication, both within the Branch but also across the Asset Department.
Ongoing YMCA Mandatory Training Courses
Ensue all mandatory training is current and updated yearly. This would include Standard First Aid & CPR, Emergency Procedures, SAM Training, Hazard Assessment, and relevant job-specific training.
Full support of housekeeping as required. This would include the maintenance of any equipment, and assistance for specific tasks that require additional help.
Part of the on call rotation for the Crowfoot YMCA, usually involving a ratio of one week in three.
Work closely with other Asset staff at both Crowfoot YMCA and other branches to share best practice and working procedures. Training staff or sharing your knowledge is an essential way of developing an experienced team.
- Leadership, good work ethics, planning and problem solving skills
- Commitment to facility maintenance excellence
- Able to work shifts and/or weekends
- Facility maintenance
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Mechanical inclination
- HVAC knowledge
- 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate required
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Basic plumbing knowledge
- Swimming pool maintenance experience an asset
- Other related work experiences
Evidence of cleared security clearance
- Commitment to the Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA Calgary.
- Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
- Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
- Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
- Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Flexibility/Managing Change: Strong political acumen with ability to understand the environment and initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
- Values Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
- Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting posting number ASSET-020 to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3rd Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.