Posted: April 17, 2013
Filed Under: Programs
Location(s): Crowfoot YMCA
Salary Starting: $40,152.94/yr
Start Date: Immediate
Nature and Scope:
The Strength and Conditioning Director is responsible for member service through administration of all Strength and Conditioning area and programs. This position reports to the Program Manager and requires flexible hours of work, including evenings and weekends.
- Develop, control and evaluate the strength and conditioning and budget, statistics and programs as well as purchase equipment
- Hire, supervise and train Strength and Conditioning staff and volunteers, including conducting certification observations
- Spend a minimum of 10 hours per week on the weight floor
- Ensure excellent quality member service by addressing the needs and wants of members/participants and responding in an effective, timely manner
- Communicate effectively using a variety of methods and settings
- Deliver YMCA/AFLCA leadership courses (individual conditioning/resistance training, recertification)
- Represent the Crowfoot YMCA on the Association Fitness and Lifestyle workgroup
- Assist with the annual Strong Kids campaign by developing relationships with members to raise their campaign awareness
- To both manage and provide personal training sessions
Support program and member services in the areas of program registration and regular duty manager shifts
Commitment to the Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
- AFLCA Resistance Training Certification (must transfer to the YMCA Individual Conditioning Level III - includes attending YMCA Individual Conditioning Level I - Building Relationships course, Basic Theory, IC Level II and IC Level III certification and this must be completed within three month of the hiring date)
- Minimum two years' experience in the field; one year supervisory experience
- CEP or CPT certification (CEP preferred)
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR level C, and AED
- Evidence of a cleared security clearance
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting posting number CFY-PROG-026 by April 30, 2013 to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.