Posted: August 21, 2013
Filed Under: Aquatics
Location(s): Crowfoot YMCA, Eau Claire YMCA, Saddletowne YMCA and Shawnessy YMCA
Wage Range Starting at:
Jr. Lifeguard - $10.40/hr
Lifeguard - $12.75/hr
Instructor - $13.82/hr
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Aquatic Director, these part-time Lifeguard / Swimming Instructors are responsible for ensuring a safe aquatic environment and delivering quality, value based programming in the Aquatic area.
Along with the opportunity to learn and work within a fun, healthy environment, YMCA Calgary offers staff many benefits. Here are just a few awaiting you as a part time employee of YMCA Calgary:
- Paid recertification's and training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexibility of work hours
- A fun and supportive environment
- YMCA Calgary Membership Plus access to all branches
- Free towel service
- Free uniform
- Member rates on registered programs/classes
- Employee discounts for concession and merchandise
YMCA Calgary offers flexibility by allowing part-time staff the opportunity to pick up more hours or become full-time by combining two part-time positions. Feel free to ask us how you might take advantage of this opportunity.
- Ensure a safe aquatic environment by following NLS Standards and/or YMCA Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service by adhering to YMCA Priority: SAM Standards
- Knowledgeable of YMCA programs and services
- Complete administrative tasks, updating class rosters, lesson plans, checking equipment, cleaning equipment, sweeping and light maintenance tasks etc. when not guarding or instructing
- Perform all scheduled water tests
- Keep pool area clean and organized
- Respond to emergencies according to NLS Standards and/or YMCA Policies and Procedures
- Work as a team; communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and members in all situations.
- Attend all scheduled in-services
Attend all YMCA training as outlined in contract letter
Commitment to the Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
- Security Clearance and vulnerable sector search (completed at time of employment offer). Should an employment offer be made and you have a previous cleared security clearance including vulnerable sector search completed and dated within 12 months of the offer, we will accept a copy.
Please send a resume or application quoting posting number AQUA-125 to (please specify on your cover letter or resume your preferred branch location):
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer.