Posted: March 4, 2013
Filed Under: Camps - Day
Location(s): Camp Riveredge YMCA
Salary Range: $106.04-$118.79/day (commensurate with experience)
Start Date: June 5, 2012 (prior training time may be required)
Camp Riveredge is a YMCA outdoor-based summer day camp located in Calgary at Sandy Beach. Here, campers learn about themselves, others, and the world around them through a variety of age appropriate activities, which are based on the YMCA's ability to provide the best in value based programming. The values the YMCA focuses on, and incorporates into its daily programming are the core values of responsibility, caring, honesty and respect.
Nature and Scope:
This unique position was created through a partnership between YMCA Calgary and Between Friends Club. The Riveredge Inclusion Coordinator will supervise and maintain the integration program at YMCA Camp Riveredge. This position is responsible for providing leadership, organization, behavior management resources and support to the day camp counselors at YMCA Camp Riveredge. This position reports to the YMCA Camp Riveredge Director and the Support Coordinator at Between Friends Club and is required to be available from June 5 to August 31, 2013.
- Provide quality leadership, implementation, guidance, and resources in the areas of camp counselor training, behavior management and evaluation
- Assist with supervising and evaluating all camp counselors on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that YMCA Camp Riveredge counselors are providing safe and appropriate programming and abiding by all Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with registration of camper's referred from Between Friends Club
- Assist with staff training
- Assist other camp staff with daily camp duties, camper supervision and site maintenance
- Assist Camp Riveredge Director/Assistant Director with the administration of daily tasks
- Act as the liaison with both YMCA Calgary and Between Friends Clubs
- Demonstrate role model behavior when dealing with staff, campers and members
Participate in site set-up and take down
Commitment to Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Values Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
- Completed or pursuing a degree/diploma in Recreation Therapy, Recreation Management, Physical Education/Kinesiology, Communication Rehabilitation, Special Education or related education
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must have previous experience working with persons with disabilities and a solid understanding of the integration process
- Previous programming experience in a camping (day camp or residential) environment is an asset
- Previous supervisory experience
- All YMCA related training
- Evidence of a cleared security clearance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting posting number CY-CAMP-111 by March 10, 2013:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.