Posted: May 17, 2013
Filed Under: Programs
Location(s): Saddletowne YMCA
Salary starting at:
Conditioning Centre Monitor: $12.75/hr.
Wellness Coach: $13.24/hr.
Personal Trainer: $20.80/hr.
Start Date: Immediate
Nature and Scope:
Wellness Centre Monitors are responsible for providing leadership and excellent membership service on the weight floor. This includes exceeding member's expectations of service and support while modeling excellent instruction. Personal trainers are responsible for building clientele and providing comprehensive one-on-one training and excellent service to YMCA members.
- Start and end appointment/class on time
- Build professional relationships with members in order to create positive atmosphere in the conditioning center.
- Track members' progress
- Accurately perform all administrative duties regarding one-on-one training.
- Communicate member program progress and problems with Strength and Conditioning Director or Health and Fitness Director
- Conduct advanced training sessions within the policies and guidelines established by YMCA Calgary
- Accumulate a minimum 50 hours of individual conditioning activities over 2 years
- Attend a minimum of 16 hours of YMCA approved training over 2 years
Maintain YMCA Priority: SAM Standards including equipment cleaning
Commitment to YMCA Mission, Vision and Value: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of the YMCA Calgary.
Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's YMCA experience.
Leadership: Ability to develop and direct performance of others to achieve desired results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings.
Self Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Flexibility/Managing Change: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
Commitment to Health Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (physical and health education/kinesiology/human kinetics)
- External Personal Training Certification
- Either CPT (Certified Personal Trainer) or CEP (Certified Exercise Physiologist) preferred
- Current YMCA Individual Conditioning Level I, Level II, and Level III (can be obtained through YMCA Calgary)
- Current CPR Level C
- Current First Aid
- Theoretical and practical experience in personal training in the Strength and Conditioning field
- Security Clearance and vulnerable sector search (completed at time of employment offer). Should an employment offer be made and you have a previous cleared security clearance including vulnerable sector search completed and dated within six months of the offer, we will accept a copy
Please send a cover and resume quoting posting number TY-PROG-011 by May 31, 2013 to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.