June 17 – 23 is Aboriginal Awareness Week in Calgary. Check out the information below for more details about events, information and activities in the city:
- Many of our major roadways, places and natural landscapes are named after our First Nations heritage. Know the history behind these names? Click here to find out.
- Wondering what is going on around the city for Aboriginal Awareness Week? Click here to see a calendar of events.
- Free family Aboriginal Week event on June 23, 2012 at Shaw Millennium Park. Includes great activities for all ages including a pow wow, magician, performers, games, art and crafts tables, jig competition, traditional arts and crafts, an “Ask an Elder” booth, a children’s craft center and more. Begins at 10:00am.
- R U a U of C student? Find out about the First Nations Student Association.
- Check out Calgary Aboriginal Awareness Week on Facebook.
- The City of Calgary Aboriginal Youth Achievement Award is presented during Aboriginal Awareness Week. Find out more here.